back to S1S home

Sunday, April 9, 2017

#368 Crystal defects

Considering complexity of the crystal structure of semiconductors an assumption that it consists of a perfectly periodic three-dimensional array of elemental cells, each featuring identical arrangement of atoms over the large volumes of crystal, is  unrealistic.

Real crystals contain structural imperfections referred to as defects. The problem is that any departure from the lattice periodicity in the form of a defect has an adverse effect on electrical characteristics of material, and hence, the performance of devices based on such material. Some missing atoms here, some misplaced atoms there, combined with crystallographic planes in the crystal shifted with respect to each other may render semiconductor crystal unsuitable for device manufacturing. No wonder that defect engineering is a critically important part of semiconductor materials science and engineering.

Posted by Jerzy Ruzyllo at 08:30 PM | Semiconductors | Comments (7) | Link

Comments

Posted by Blackcore Edge Review  on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 05:30 AM | #
Also on the bottle, BlackCore Edge calls itself a “Natural T
estosterone Booster” with benefits to you libido, stamina, s
trength, and vitality. ..

Posted by tutu app  on Saturday, May 27, 2017 03:58 AM | #
Designed for both, iOS and Android, the Tutu app is a widely
recognized free app for games and game hacks.

Posted by Google  on Saturday, September 30, 2017 12:00 AM | #
google

Posted by chrome cast reset  on Thursday, October 5, 2017 06:58 AM | #
chrome cast reset We know that Chromecast is the best so
urce to watch all the desktop or smartphone

Posted by adidas nmd  on Sunday, October 15, 2017 12:19 PM | #
I needed to put you a bit of remark to finally say thank you
yet again just for the magnificent basics you''ve contribut
ed at this time. It''s really open-handed with people like
you in giving unhampered what exactly a lot of folks could p
ossibly have marketed as an ebook to make some dough on thei
r own, precisely seeing that you might have done it if you d
esired. The strategies as well worked to be the fantastic wa
y to be sure that other individuals have the identical dream
s just as my very own to see a whole lot more on the subject
of this problem. I believe there are numerous more enjoyabl
e opportunities up front for individuals who examine your we
bsite.

Posted by foamposites  on Monday, October 16, 2017 04:12 AM | #
It? onerous to seek out knowledgeable people on this subject
, however you sound like you already know what you?e talking
about! Thanks

Posted by nmd  on Monday, October 16, 2017 11:44 AM | #
I must express some appreciation to the writer just for bail
ing me out of this particular scenario. As a result of check
ing throughout the world wide web and seeing thoughts which
were not helpful, I figured my entire life was over. Existin
g minus the solutions to the issues you have solved through
your main review is a crucial case, and those which may have
adversely affected my entire career if I had not discovered
your web blog. Your primary competence and kindness in taki
ng care of the whole lot was vital. I am not sure what I wou
ld''ve done if I hadn''t come across such a point like this.
I am able to at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks f
or your time so much for this high quality and sensible guid
e. I won''t hesitate to endorse the website to anybody who d
esires counselling about this subject.

Name*

Email*

URL

Comment*

Enter text and numbers shown below to reduce SPAM *

*Required

Semi1source.com/blog is the personal blog of Jerzy Ruzyllo. With over 35 years of experience in academic research and teaching in the area of semiconductor engineering (currently holding position of a Distinguished Professor of Electrical Engineering and Professor of Materials Science and Engineering at Penn State University), he has a unique perspective on the developments in this progress driving technical domain and enjoys blogging about it.

With over 2000 terms defined and explained, Semiconductor Glossary is the most complete reference in the field of semiconductors on the market today.

‹‹ October 2017 ››
W Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
39 1
40 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
41 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
42 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
43 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
44 30 31

Copyright © 2017 J. Ruzyllo. All rights reserved.